16"x20" print on art paper
LOCAL PICKUP ONLY
(framing not included)
Constructed in 1900, the building known today as the Haute Maison LLC Lofts has been home to many businesses and organizations. Originally the home of the Citizen’s Independent Telephone Company, the building gained new purpose after the telephone company moved out in the 1920’s.
The Great Depression era saw the building housing the Works Progress Administration, the Harrison Township Assessor’s office and the Young Men’s Christian Association.
The building served to provide a home for important services during World War II. The Civilian Protection Corps and the Vigo County Office of Civilian Defense found a home here as well as the officials in charge of wartime “price administration”.
In the years after the war, a variety of tenants occupied the space including WTHI Radio, the Terre Haute Junior Chamber of Commerce and the Arthur Murray School of Dance. This was followed by a period of vacancy in the 1960’s.
The building gained new life in July of 1967 when Anton Hulman Jr. presented the deed to Vigo County, at which time several county offices moved in. These offices included the Health Department and Air Pollution Control among others until the early 1980’s.
In more recent years, the building was known as the home for TWI Inc. Now, after a complete renovation, it is the home to tenants enjoying luxurious and modern city loft style living.
The artwork is printed on quality matte art paper. A nice gift for the history buff or anyone who has great memories of Indiana. Start your collection today!